STL Travelpa Trading and Projects (Pty) LTD, (thereafter referred to as “The Company”)
recognises that your privacy is important. In line with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“the ECT Act”), we are committed to respecting your online privacy. We will apply appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information you share with us. The information you submit will be kept confidential and with the highest standards of security once it reaches our server. The information you provide will be entered into our database and processed by us in accordance with the (“the ECT Act”).
2. DATA COLLECTED
DATA STORAGE LOCATION
If you register on our website, we store your email address and any additional personal information added to your user profile.
Information submitted through the contact form on our site is sent to our company email, hosted by Texo.
These submissions are only kept for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
CASES FOR USING THE PERSONAL DATA
Any personal information provided by you to “The Company” through your registration and use of this website will only be used for one of the following purposes:
- Verification/identification of the user during website usage;
- Providing Technical Assistance;
- Sending updates to our users with important information to inform about news, product changes, travel plan updates
- Customize the website to make your experience more personal and engaging;
- Guarantee overall performance and administrative functions run smoothly.v
3. EMBEDDED CONTENT
Pages on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
Interpretation and Definitions
For the purposes of this Cookies Policy:
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Cookies Policy) refers to “STL Travelpa Trading and Projects (Pty) LTD” based in Johannesburg , South Africa.
- Cookies means small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Website refers to “STL Travelpa Trading and Projects (Pty) LTD“, accessible from www.travelpa.co.za
- You means the individual accessing or using the Website, or a company, or any legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
The use of the Cookies
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies.
- Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline.
- Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
(1) Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
(2) Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: “The Comopany”
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
2. If You do not accept Our Cookies, You may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Website and some features may not function properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
More Information about Cookies
You can learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?
5. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
If you are not a registered client for any of our services, there is no personal information we can retain or view regarding yourself.
If you are a client with a confirmed travel booking, your personal information can be accessed by:
- Our system administrators.
- staff or actors , necessary to deliver our services
6. THIRD PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. The only exceptions to that rule are for partners we have to share limited data with in order to provide the services you expect from us.
- Said suppliers are required to adhere to strict privacy policies as required by South African law
7. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
When you submit a support ticket or a comment, its metadata is retained until (if) you tell us to remove it.
We use this data so that we can recognize you and approve your comments automatically instead of holding them for moderation.
If you register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time . Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
8. SECURITY MEASURES
When registering for online services you will receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your tour page. The services and information available to you will be governed by the relationship you have with us.
This policy is not intended to, and does not, create any contractual or other legal rights. You agree to indemnify and to keep “The Company” indemnified from and against any costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities suffered arising from or which is directly or indirectly related to your access to and/or use of the website and/or any other person or entity’s use of the website where such person or entity was able to access the website using your password.
Platform: We use the SSL/HTTPS protocol throughout our site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so that personal identifiable information is not captured/hijacked by third parties without authorization.
In case of a data breach, system administrators will immediately take all needed steps to ensure system integrity.
9. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
If you have a registered account on this website or have left comments, you can request an exported file of the personal data we retain, including any additional data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any of the personal data we have stored. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you wish that all of your data is erased, we will no longer be able to offer any support or other product-related services to you.
POPI ACT RIGHTS
Compliance with the POPI Act as mandated by South African legistration is key.
The principles of compliance, in practical terms, placed the following responsibility on us:
- Obtain consent before collecting data (or processing, storing, or sharing it)
- Be sure to only collect data needed for legitimate purposes
- Use the information in a way that matches the purpose of collection
- Take reasonable security steps to protect the integrity of the information
- Store the information only as long as required
- Uphold data subjects’ rights by providing access and corrections to information
10. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
“The Company” may post links to third party websites on this website. These third party websites are not screened for privacy or security compliance and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
All social media sharing links, either displayed as text links or social media icons do not connect you to any of the associated third parties unless you explicitly click on them.
11. RELEASE OF YOUR DATA FOR LEGAL PURPOSES
At times it may become necessary or desirable to ” The Company” for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant.
You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to challenge the subpoena, or we may attempt to challenge it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities.
You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
Any passing on of personal data for legal purposes will only be done in compliance with the laws of South Africa.
13. CONTACT US
In the event you have any concerns or complaints about our legal policies, practices or services, please email us.
You can opt out
Any personal information received from you will be retained by “The Company” and not sold transferred or otherwise disclosed to any third party, unless such disclosure is required by law or other court order.
- We shall also give you the opportunity to remove yourself from any of our mailing lists at any time.
- For removal or requests for your personal data, please send us an email, with the subject line as “Removal” or “Personal Data Request”.